The New Standard in Hybrid Event Switching
Filled with pro features to take on any modern production, the V-160HD sets a new standard in hybrid event switching. Connect with live audiences in Full HD with comprehensive SDI and HDMI I/O and simultaneously stream to any popular web platform via USB-C. There’s also an eight-layer video effects engine, a 40-channel digital audio mixer, and integrated PTZ camera control, plus next-generation cue management and live show automation features that make tough production tasks simple. And everything’s all wrapped up in a portable design with a broadcast-style interface that’s easily handled by a single operator.
Hybrid to the Max
The V-160HD combines the robust hardware needed to flawlessly execute live productions with the livestreaming capabilities found in computer-based systems. While software workflows are fine for online-only events, the V-160HD delivers the pro essentials you need for both the in-person and streaming components of a live hybrid event, complete with the ability to tailor the content for each audience.
- On-demand signal processing means you never have to worry about issues like computer CPU overhead, latency, and output delay on live audience screens.
- Integrated connectivity standards like SDI, HDMI, XLR, and USB-C eliminate the need to build out costly infrastructure and conversion processes.
- The comprehensive interface provides hands-on controls that can be learned quickly by a single operator.
- Presets, macros, and advanced sequencing features let you set up and automate.
- complex switching tasks with one touch.
The V-160HD features a 40-channel digital audio mixer with studio-grade sound quality. Mix any embedded audio signal pair (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8) from each of the 16 video inputs, microphones and line-level devices connected to the two balanced XLR combo and stereo RCA inputs, and USB-C audio. And with the convenience of onboard Bluetooth, it’s possible to wirelessly stream music and other sound sources from a phone or tablet as well. There’s also an extensive effects library for polishing sounds and quickly resolving common issues like audio synchronization and background noise removal.
The V-160HD uses the same connection technology as webcams, * allowing you to stream events at 23.98 to 60 FPS in Full HD** and reach a worldwide audience. Simply connect the USB-C output to a computer and start streaming with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, YouTube, Facebook Live, or any platform that can use a webcam as its source. Everything is plug and play, with no driver installation needed.
V-160HD RCS for macOS and Windows
With the V-160HD RCS application for macOS and Windows, you can control nearly all V-160HD functions remotely from your computer via USB, RS-232, wired LAN, or wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) connections. The V-160HD RCS can run at the same time as your streaming software over USB, allowing you to direct the entire production from your computer screen.
The ultimate hybrid event switcher gives you complete control with a LAN port, Bluetooth, USB including 10-key numeric keypad, RS-232, tally/GPIO, support for foot-controlled operation, and more.
- Use the dedicated iPad remote control app to create an efficient touch interface.
- Extend your workflow with free Remote Control Software (RCS) for macOS and Windows.
- Connect a USB numeric keypad for direct data entry
- Plug in a BOSS single or double footswitch to execute over 100 different switcher commands.
- Trigger start/stop on Atomos recorders over HDMI.
- Set up a tally light with Roland’s Smart Tally or the rear-panel hardware connector.
- Seamlessly integrate with system installations using the RS-232 and TALLY/GPIO DB-sub connectors.